Good news! Coe students are back in class, which means The Coe Review team is back and ready to read some poetry! We had our first meeting the first day of school, August 26th. When I arrived on the third floor of Hickok, I was pleasantly surprised to be greeted by many old and new faces. Our first meeting had right around 30 students. A larger staff means more poetry can be read, more blog posts can be written during the semester, and of course, more fun can happen. Our first meeting was basic: introductions and an overview of The Coe Review. We had people fill out info sheets and the masthead is currently being created.
For me, as I enter my third year being on staff, this year holds a lot of promise. I am looking forward to getting to know my fellow staffers and we as a magazine have a lot in store. Not only are we still publishing our poetry edition in the fall and our fiction edition in the spring, but we hope to hold more literary events on campus, and also get our staff into the Cedar Rapids and Iowa City literary culture. Not only will our staff members blog about what they are reading, but they will also blog about the events they participate in and attend. This is the semester to really take The Coe Review to the next level.
Thanks for reading and check back soon!
Hailley Fargo, Managing Editor
P.S. We are now accepting submissions for our poetry issue! Send us your poems by October 25, 2013. Here’s a quick look at our submission policy and more information can be found on our Submissions page.
- Submissions may either be e-mailed or sent via snail mail.
- All e-mail submissions must be sent in a Word document or PDF file.
- Please include your name in the header.
- Writers will be contacted via e-mail unless a self-addressed, stamped envelope is enclosed with their submission.
- No more than three (3) poems per submission.
- We do not publish non-fiction or book reviews.
- We cannot be responsible for lost manuscripts.